Saturday, November 3, 2007

Aywa, Fi Mushkela: I hate laundry.

This is just a quick note to let all my faithful blog-readers know that I'm still alive... and HATE doing laundry. As it is, I hate doing laundry in the States - that's when I have a fully functional automatic washing machine and dryer, and the only difficulty is carrying a laundry basket up and down a flight of stairs and picking lint out of the lint trap. Here, I've got a trash can/keg and a piece of string.

This is my washing machine:









And this is the dryer:









With the help of the shower and a little "Tide - manual" I manage to get a load of laundry washed in about two and a half or three hours (not counting drying). During which time I barely get anything else done because I constantly have to rebalance the load so the stupid thing will keep spinning, and untangle the giant knot my clothes turn into during the cycle. I hate doing laundry so much that I have seriously contemplated buying new clothes as I need them, just so I don't have to use the washing machine ever again. On top of all that... without any heat and tumbling of a normal dryer, my freshly washed clothes end up feeling like cardboard and smelling like Cairo.

Cairo does not smell good and cardboard underwear are not comfortable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh lordy alyson. I am in the library laughing out loud.

Nice description.

Unknown said...

HAaaaaaaa. Love ya sis. You can use my dryer.